The Accent Challenge
- What is your name/username?
- Where are you from?
- Pronounce the following words: aunt, roof, route, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, pajamas, caught, naturally, aluminum, GIF, tumblr, crackerjack, doorknob, envelope, polka dots, papaya, Penthouse, subtext, smile, milk, wolves, salt
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What’s the bug, that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?*
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.**
- Be a wizard or a vampire?
- How old are you?
- Is it cold where you are?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you have freckles? ***
- When is your birthday?
- What was the last thing you drank?
- Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
- Would you rather: Have a million dollars or a million friends? Eat a taco or a quesadilla? Be a shark or an elephant?
- Do you speak a second language? Say something in it.
- Do you think you have an accent?
- End the audio post by saying any THREE words you want.
* I omitted this one, but who cares, I don’t even know the answer.
** I know I pronounced Aomame incorrectly.
*** Omitted this, too, all I can is that it’s 3am…
Comments, please :)